Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Bsc. CS) is a 3 years Graduation Course having 6 semesters.
The Bachelor of Computer Science involves the use of the most up-to-date technology and methods and includes major emphasis on software development. The course is oriented towards applications in areas such as defence, aerospace and medicine, where complex sottware plays a maior role and otten or a satety-critical nature: as well as in businesses that require extensive computer support, such as retail, banking and manutacturing
This sector is ever growing faster than before, and there are insufficient quality skills in the sector who can take up the demands. The Government of Uganda’s BUBU (Build Uganda Buy Uganda) policy requires many software
professionals in the development and support of the software systems and web services locally.
This program is modelled on our existing bachelor’s degree which boasts an impressive employment record among graduates. Experience has taught us that our graduate profile is actively sought after by recruiters, and it is common tor our final-year students to receive job otters before they graduate.
The BSc. in Computer Science program enables students to attain, by the time of graduation:
1. An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
2. An ability to analyse a problem and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution required for individuals, organizations and society.
3. An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or complex program to meet desired needs by applying mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modelling.
4. An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
5. An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
6. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
7. Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
(i) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with 5 passes; AND
(ii) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least 2 Principal passes obtained at the same sitting.
(iii) International students must produce the equivalency certificates from UNEB, equating their foreign qualifications as equivalent of (i) and (ii) above.
(iv) Students of HEC (Business/IT) with minimum score of class ii credit obtained from an accredited University shall also be considered after assessment of their previous awards.
(v) Diploma with minimum score of Class II Credit in a similar stream shall be considered for credit exemptions after assessment of their previous awards.