The BMIT programme at ISBAT University is carefully designed to provide medical imaging technologists with the necessary theoretical knowledge and clinical skills required to perform procedures such as X-ray, Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computer Tomography (CT) and Interventional Radiography. This program is aiming at providing the dynamically changing requirements of the health sector, wherein the students are trained in the technical aspects of the procedures, with a special emphasis on the basic anatomy and pathophysiology of the disease process.
The primary objective of BMIT at ISBAT University is to produce professionally competent, adaptable, and academically excellent professionals with sound management qualities. The program offers an intensive training in all fields related to the medical imaging technologies including nuclear medicines. All the core subjects are adequately supported with practical skills and real-life practices. The six months compulsory internship program enables the students to understand the routine working atmosphere of the diagnostic laboratories and provide opportunity for on-the-job training and experiences to work in the industry.
The graduates of BMIT from ISBAT University will be equipped with thorough knowledge, practical skills, values, and attitudes to occupy key positions, and to undertake research activities in key operational areas of the clinical imaging industry.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of specified imaging modalities, relevant anatomy, image quality assurance and diagnostic decision making.
- Perform radiographic procedures ensuring safety of patients and personnel involved.
- Operate and maintain commonly used imaging equipment with safety and efficiency.
- Provide sufficient information effectively to the patient about the imaging options available, purpose of the procedure, benefits, possible adverse consequences, and limitations.
- Recognize their role in the healthcare system and function effectively in a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Engage oneself in self-assessment and structure their continuing professional education to refine existing skills and acquire new skills for patient care and professional advancement.
- Practice professional and ethical responsibilities with high degree of credibility, integrity and social concern
(i) Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with 5 Credits; AND
(ii) Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least two Principal Passes, one Principal Pass being in any of the science subjects (Physics, Mathematics).